President, Renaissance Speakers
Executive Council, Renaissance Speakers
Interested Members, Renaissance Speakers
Past President, Renaissance Speakers, George Alger
RENAISSANCE SPEAKERS SOCIAL MEDIA EXPANSION PROGRAM
- To further facilitate the expansion of the Renaissance Speakers via social media.
- To readily make available and promote member speeches in multi-media formats (text, photos, audio and video).
- To plan and execute a club social media marketing and publicity campaign.
- To gradiently involve and educate interested club members to accomplish the above. (Members may leverage these skills for personal and business interests, if desired).
- The more members that participate, the more successful this Program will be.
- Members who wish to participate do not need technical skills. The primary skills are very simple and will be taught as part of this Program.
- This Program sequence is designed to take the “most technically challenged” members along a gradient path designed to be rewarding and fun.
- The following is all that is required for members to participate in this Program: Being interested and willing to learn new things. (Members whom are already familiar with points introduced by this Program are especially welcome to help execute this Program).
01) DONE – President, VP PR and Executive Council to review this Program and revise/amend as needed.
02) DONE – George Alger to be Advisor, Instructor and Technical Consultant to successfully launch and execute this program, coordinating primarily with the President and VP PR.
03) ___ The VP PR to oversee overall website content and to provide an instructional write-up to pass on to the next VP PR.
04) DONE – President, VP PR and Executive Council to establish written “Renaissance Speakers Publishing Guidelines,” in line with existing club policies, and which may be revised in the future as needed.
05) DONE – President, VP PR and Executive Council to establish a core group of club “Social Media” members who would register on the Renaissance Speakers website and have capabilities to publish their own speeches in text, photos, audio and/or video format. Conceivably, and especially in the future, this could potentially include everyone in the club. But at this point it would simply be those who are interested. (No technical skills required).
DONE – Conditional: It would be ideal to include one or more members in the club who may deem themselves to be the “most technically challenged” as “Social Media” participants. (These participants would be examples to the rest of the club regarding the simplicity of the points in this Program).
06) DONE – George to establish a new “Social Media” RenaissanceSpeakers.ORG website (software provided for no cost by WordPress.org), coordinated with VP PR re design and content. (Click here to see RS Website Project for this step).
07) DONE – When the new Renaissance Speakers website is ready, coordinate a meeting for George to present an instructional workshop to the interested “Social Media” members (does not need to be during a regular meeting).
08) DONE – Each of the “Social Media” workshop attendees to publish a few of their own and/or others’ speeches to the RenaissanceSpeakers website as text (advanced participants may publish multi-media content).
09) ___ VP PR oversees flow of content publishing.
10) DONE – Coordinate a meeting with George to present a more advanced instructional workshop to the “Social Media” members (multi-media publishing).
DONE – Conditional: As part of this meeting, determine best digital video camera solution for club and present recommendation to President. (The timing for this step is conditional upon club “Social Media” members’ progress and/or club needs).
11) DONE – Each of the workshop attendees to publish a few of their own and/or others’ speeches to the RS website using photos, audio and/or videos.
12) ___ VP PR oversees flow of content publishing.
13) DONE – Coordinate a meeting with George to present a more advanced instructional workshop to the “Social Media” members (broader social media, marketing and publicity development).
14) ___ Meeting to develop campaign to more broadly leverage social media promotion and publicity for club. (Examples: Key content promotion, featured member promotions, speech contest promotions, guest promotions via YouTube, Facebook and other social media platforms).
15) ___ VP PR to Present campaign to President.
16) ___ President and EC to review/amend and approve campaign.
17) ___ Execute campaign.
18) ___ Review all Program steps and establish new Program based on successful actions.