Telling a good joke is a crucial component of a good speech.
This role helps you become more comfortable with using humor when speaking to an audience. Humor is one of the most critical elements of effective public speaking.
Before the Meeting:
1. Select a tasteful and appropriate joke to tell at the meeting. It should not exceed two minutes.
2. Commit the joke to memory.
At the Meeting:
1. When called upon by the Club Coach, go to the front right corner of the room.
2. Make your joke “come alive” with vocal variety and gestures.
3. Your purpose is to help set the tone of the meeting by putting a smile on everyone’s face! Stretch your limits as a speaker by learning to incorporate humor into your presentations – and above all, have fun!